Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

There's no biz

There sure is. As I have written in the past, when I was doing TTM, there wasn't a lot of options of things to get signed. Since this was before the explosion of card companies, I had good old OPC and Topps. When I did send requests, I asked if they had a business card they could send back. Having the address but not knowing if they were still working or not, it was worth a shot. Tonight I will show one of the ones I received that also contained a small note and autograph.
 

 
Former WHA and NHL goalie Dave Dryden.
 
Did you know
 
Dave Dryden serves the distinction of creating (as well as being the first goaltender to employ) the modern day goaltending mask consisting of a fiberglass mask with a cage.
I also got some cards signed but getting the business card was a bonus.
 
Now this was received sometime during the 80's. I was curious and did a check on Canada 411. It appears he is still at that address with the same phone number and still signing.
It will be interesting to see how many of my remaining business cards have valid addresses still.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment