Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Mail day from Portland--Part 1

I recently entered a contest by Rod at http://padrographs.blogspot.com/. You had to guess the number of "hits" (auto, s/n, memorabilia) he got from a massive pack break. I didn't win first choice but did pretty good with my choice. From my favourite baseball movie, Field of Dreams,


2016 Allen & Ginter Dwier Brown relic


He also asked if you had a favourite team and would send you some from what he had, Blue Jays for me.

Also received some unopened packs. Hoping to get some Blue Jays content.


89 Topps. Guess I won't win a trip to 1990 Spring Training. Pink bubble gum, priceless.





89 Donruss. Guess the Warren Spahn puzzle piece is the prize.







Will I Find the "Nolan"? 



No, but Astros team logo hologram is the bonus here.





And Manny Lee of your Toronto Blue Jays makes sure I'm not shut out on receiving a Jays card.

A nice trip down memory lane opening these packs of cards.



Received this lot of 2010 UD Celebrity Predictors. Might try to find the remaining 5 cards to complete this insert set.

VINTAGE


I'll be scanning the rest and will have a part 2 and 3 of this generous package. Be sure to check out Rod and his blog.





3 comments:

  1. They never show even on the nonprimitive mechanism they call the internet is how I can use the oven to dry baseballs after I wipe those baseballs clean with a washcloth. And after I have done that, I can put it outside on a hot day so that those baseballs will not feel heavy almost like lead balls. Why? Because those baseballs are waterlogged. If I do this those baseballs will not be heavy but will become light. And what is always swept under the rug on this nonprimitive mechanism is that if I keep swinging a baseball bat practicing pop flying flyballs over the fence to violently hit homeruns eventually I am going to get little red spots next to the palm of my left hand since I bat right-handed. And the only way to remove those little red spots is to use a corn blade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why they put those rubber rings on the knobs of the wooden baseball bats and aluminum baseball bats so they will not suffer like that getting little red spots on their hands from all that physical exertion it takes to clear fences and walls to violently hit homeruns. But they never show this happening in professional baseball because this is never mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Ann Stanziano saysNovember 17, 2023 at 2:23 PM

    I never heard of that actor Dwier Brown before.

    ReplyDelete