Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

What's the most you have ever spent on a single sports related item?

So asketh the Great Fuji.

That's an easy question. I think I posted about this before but can't find it. 84/85 OPC hockey. This was sometime in 1985. 1 case of 16 boxes for $36.00. Now most of my purchases consist of single packs and garage sale "finds" ( a la my previous post) Of ccourse, I was buying Gretzky RC's for $5.00 back in the day. Just can't seem to find the finger to pull the  trigger on spending $$$$$$$

4 comments:

  1. equipment, Demarini softball bat, 100 bucks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. $180 on an NHL Authentic Crosby Winter Classic Sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gretzky RCs went from about $5 to about $12 to $150 in a real hurry. Darned 90s...

    ReplyDelete
  4. $36 for a case of 84/85 OPC hockey? You're my hero... and I'm not worthy!

    ReplyDelete