Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oct 25 NHL game result

Woo hoo. NHL score to report.
 
 Toronto Maple Leafs    8
Pittsburgh Penguins      6
 
Unfortunately it's from 1989
 
However, I will share this wirephoto from my collection from the game..
 
 
Cutline reads
Pittsburgh  Oct 25   Holding   Pittsburgh Penguins Randy Hillier (23) holds Toronto Maple Leaf Daniel Marois  (32) against the goal as penguins goalie Tom Barasso (35) ducks the action during first period NHL action Wednesday in Pittsburgh. Hillier spent two minutes in the penalty box for the infraction.
 
Heres the link for the box score of the game.
 



Here are the prizes for my little ongoing contest and some more clues.


The Guy Lafleur autographed wire photo.
 
 
Wayne Gretzky patch.
 
 
 
88/89 OPC mini set titled
1987 Etoiles NHL stars 1988
 
46 card set
 
 
 
A few random autographed cards
 


 
 
Recap of clues
 
 
First Clue
Who am I?

He played junior hockey in my hometown. Long time readers might remember that I've mentioned my hometown a few times. Sidenote:One of my team and classmates for five years, got called up from the junior B's and played with this player for five games.

He played in the NHL during the 70's.

 

He played for two different NHL clubs, one an Original Six team amd one an Origianl Six expansion team. He was traded to another Original Six expansion team but never played with them.

He had nine total OPC and Topps cards

He was ROY in his first year of professional hockey.
He was selected in the second round of the amateur draft.
He played in three different professional leagues.
New clues
 
This player was traded to the St. Louis Blues but never played for them.

Often confused with an American born player with the same name.
 
 
I may have to post more wirephotos if this lockout continues.

2 comments:

  1. Tom Williams the Younger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well played-you are the winner--send me your mailing info and I'll get the prizes out to you

      Delete