Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2015

Trades, Freebies and PWE's (2x3)



I wanted to have a title to evoke Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I would showcase the different ways I have recently received cards in place of the different ways Steve Martin used to get home.  This is the best I could come up with.
There are also some weird connections between some of these transactions.



Back on April 11th, I posted that I wanted to expand my Blue Jays card collection. Lo and behold, same day, Richard @ tbjc blogged that he wanted to purge himself of Blue Jays cards and was concentrating on his Joe Carter player collection. I sent him an e-mail and he sent over some goodness. Now like a lot of collectors who weren't collecting or stopped during certain periods, there were a lot of cards from sets I didn't even know existed. He checked my want list on Zistle and completed some team sets.




Here is a look at the two boxes I received. 
There was a lot of goodness contained therein.





 Vintage, shiny oddball, it was here. I had no favourites as I needed them all.


Then my first Zistle trade with Ron (opierocks). He proposed a small trade of some of my Blue Jays wants for some of his hockey wants, I was okay with that as I had multiple copies of what he wanted that were available.

        


Here's what I received. Four more Jays of off of my want list.


Cue the music.



Now things get a little WEIRD. 


Jeff at 2 x 3 Heroes was giving away some hockey cards from the teams that didn't make the finals. My Leafs were still available and I grabbed them. The SUPER PWE arrived 



Nine pocket page cut into thirds and stuffed with 27 cards. Fits nicely into a PWE.

Some of the cards I had, some not.  Now the card in the top left hand corner. A 90/91 OPC Premier # 21 Vincent Damphousse.  I had 6 copies but sent one to Ron in my Zistle trade. Now, miraculously, I have six copies again. WHAATTTT. 
 The Leafs were also one of the teams that had a "hit", the Josh Leivo autograph.

So, getting caught up with my incoming packages. I just think of the weird coincidences that occurred. I guess that these were meant to be. 

Next post up, my finds from a garage sale that may, as they say, knock your socks off.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to look if I have another Damphousse. Maybe I can get you up to 7.

    ReplyDelete