Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nov 22--Jacques Laperriere

Now I'm caught up and can continue my regularly scheduled autograph post on a daily basis. I'm finding this a good way to share my memories and I hope you enjoy it too. I'm having a blast doing it and seeing stuff I didn't remember having. Of course, then my memories are rekindled and the stories come to the forefront. (light the corners of my mind).


Nov 22

Jacques Laperriere


He was developed in the Habs' junior and minor pro franchises in Ottawa-Hull and Montreal before joining the NHL on a full-time basis in 1963-64.

His solid debut was acknowledged when he was awarded the Calder Trophy as the league's rookie of the year  and he was also selected to the NHL Second All-Star Team as a defenceman. Laperrière also played in the NHL All-Star Game. 
 Injuries plagued Laperrière throughout his career, forcing him to miss almost 100 games over the course of his 10 seasons with the Canadiens.
A serious knee injury cut his season down to 42 games in 1973-74 and he was forced to retire with six Stanley Cup rings and nearly 300 career points. Laperriere's excellence received the ultimate validation in 1987 when he was elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

An arena in his hometown of Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec has been named in his honor.  

            

Received these two blue ink signed cards TTM. Two oddball cards, one being the Esso AllStar card that I did a pack rip of recently and the Dad's cookie set. I guess I didn't have any regular issue cards to send.


NaBlo Wrimo Daily Count:261words
NaBlo Wrimo Monthly Count: 4674

No comments:

Post a Comment