Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6

Alas, no autographed cards of any of today's birthdays boys. Twice in a week. Now for the good stuff. If you are a regular reader here, you'll recall my stories of my volunteer stint at the NHL All-Star game in Toronto (2000). Tonight I just got back from an orientation meeting for

File:2011 Memorial Cup Logo.JPG

2011 Mastercard Memorial Cup.

Yes, I have volunteered my services for this great event.
The 2011 Memorial Cup is a four-team round-robin format tournament to be played from May 20–29, 2011 in Mississauga, Ontario. It will be the 93rd  championship and will determine the champion of the CHL (Canadian Hockey League). The Ontario Hockey League (OHL) announced on May 10, 2010, that the Mississauga St. Michaels Majors were chosen to host the event at the Hershey Centre. Other tournament participants will include the champions of the OHL (Ontario Hockey League), the  QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League) and the  WHL (Western Hockey League). I will be a door host/event ambassador aka Security. We had a walk-through of the different check points and volunteer rules. Picture taken for accredtitation and coffee and doughnuts. Talked to some Leaf fans in line. I will share my adventures in late May when it gets started.



 twitter 
follow @2011MemorialCup



No comments:

Post a Comment