Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2019

National Hockey Card Day 2019--Canadian Edition

Saturday February 23 2019 was Upper Deck's National Hockey Card Day in Canada and the United States.As in  the past few years, I had to go to Toys R Us to get my fix. You would think here in Brantford, home of Wayne Gretzky, there would be a least 1 LCS. Nada. I recall reading that there were 5 different sheets available. This is whats puzzling me. In previous years, it looks like they printed the 15 main cards on different sheets. This year, they printed the 15 main cards plus the special 16th card on the sheets. If my math is correct, 2 sheets x 8 cards=16 cards. Why the need for 5 sheets. This will lead to short printed cards.

By my count, here's what you would get.

1--Elias Pettersson-5                             9--Drew Doughty-2
2--Evan Bouchard-3                              10-Connor McDavid-5
3--Kristian Vesalainen-2                        11--Darryl Sittler-2
4--Jesperi Kotkaniemi-3                        12--Jarome Iginla-2
5--Brady Tkachuk-2                              13--Mark Messier-1
6--Brock Boeser-3                                 14--Maurice Richard-2
7--John Tavares-3                                  15--Johnny Bower-1
8--Max Domi-2                                      16-Memorable Moments-John Tavares-2  

I guess I'll check to see if this corresponds to people that opened packs and what they still need.

Anyhow, without further delay, here are  the sheets front and back.












Thanks again Upper Deck for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment