Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

March 26

Allan Bester


Diminutive netminder Allan Bester spent parts of eleven years in the NHL. He made up for his lack of size with quick reflexes and self-assured attitude between the pipes. Born this day 1964 in my hometown of Hamilton. I worked with a fellow who played minor hockey with both Allan and Dave Andreychuk. I guess thats one of my six degrees of separation with NHL players. He also played for the Brantford Alexanders in the early 80's when I was living there my first time.


His 84/85 OPC #297 RC is also an UER card. (besides the spelling of his first name). I don't know if this was ever documented anywhere. I will reveal in a later post what it is. (unless somebody comments with the correct answer). I obtained these signatures in person at two different times. I also have two other signed cards that I will try and find and post later. Thats ll for today folks.

1 comment: