Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

Drew's Contest Link, a Thanks and the Cup

Some great prizes at Drewscards.



Also, another reason why I love the blogging community. In my post of July 3, I opined about lost autograph opportunities during the week and not being able to go. One of my regular readers (and Hockey DB member) e-mailed me and said he would be able to go and get them for me. I still have to pick my Bower and Baun autographs form UD's 40th aniiversary 1967 Leaf set.


Norfolk natives John Stevens and Nelson Emerson celebrate with the Stanley Cup following the LA Kings' six-game victory over the New Jersey Devils in the NHL finals. Stevens – who grew up in Turkey Point – served as an assistant coach while Emerson – a Waterford native and former Kings forward – headed up the organization’s player development team.


And a possible autograph signing I CAN go to during the week. I'll be on holidays from work the weeks of July 23 and 30. On July 30th, the Stanley Cup will make an appearance in nearby Norfolk county. L.A Kings assistant coach John Stevens (from Turkey Point) and Nelson Emerson (from Waterford)-both in Norfolk county--will have their Day with the Cup. Nothing has been finalised at this time on the details of the celebration but I'll probably make the trip. Hopefully the temperatures will be cooler by then. Right now and for the past few weeks, its been HOT HOT HOT. Glad I work indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment