Search This Blog

Monday, July 3, 2023

National Hockey Card Day

 This post is a little late and cleans out some of my saved scans. Upper Deck's National Hockey Card Day 2023 took place on April 15. A departure this year was one set for both the Canadian and American markets. That meant a base set of 30 cards and 1 checklist instead of 2 sets of 15 plus the appropriate checklist. Since I don't have any LCS's, (usually pick up a set later at a garage sale etc), I went to my Toys R'Us to pick up the nine card sheets as I've done in the previous years. Looked sort of promising as the manager was wearing a Lightning jersey but saw no signage. I found out at customer service that their shipment was delayed and they would be getting them in "shortly". He said he could take my name and put a set together and call me to pickup when ready. I was in a few hours after store opening and was surprised to be third on the list. Thought there would have been more. A call came on Tuesday that it was ready. I went in Wednesday and they couldn't find my name on any of the sets put aside. Luckily there was still a lot of sheets left and was able to put together a couple of sets. You've probably seen the cards but here are the sheets in all of their glory. (front and back)












The one thing with collecting the sheets, you do get some doubles, which is not a bad thing.
Enjoy.
















1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Don't see uncut sheets very often these days. Wish I was up in Canada... so I could hit up TRU and track down this set.

    ReplyDelete