Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nov. 17--I'm back

from the land of the Luddites. This was not a self imposed technological shun but the reverse--Mr. Computer decided to be sick and out of commission for 10 (TEN DAYS). Now, if you're like me, I did suffer some withdrawal symptons (hardwarus interruptus) but am now recovering. Being on a computer all day at work does not count as you don't achieve the same enjoyment. Nor is having limited access on someone elses machine the same. I had started to post on Sunday November 6th when it all started. I was doing my usual and adding some content to my NaBlo WriMo (National Blog Writing Month) post. I won't bore you with any of the details but FINALLY got the machine back on Wednesday November 16th. This has put a serious dent on my quest to write the 15000 words for the month of November on my blog. I guess I could have taken pen to paper and physically wrote down something and then input, but I don't think it would be the same. Besides that, I would have to find pen and paper to do this. Also, besides signing my autogaph--er--signature I don't actually write a lot and I must have morphed into a doctor. Even I have a hard time trying to decipher what I've written.
Speaking of shunning technology, you might think I've done that also with my electric razor. I've got this 'stache going but its for Movember, a campaign to raise vital funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer. This was what I was writing about before the crash. I was thinking about the best moustaches in hockey history. My number one choice is Lanny McDonald. When you see pictures of it, it just seems ginormous. During one of the NHL SloPitch tourneys, I had a chance to see it up close and in person. While he was signing my cards, I looked in amazement at his moustache. It was so red and looked like a push broom Leanover his lip. Man, that thing was thick, must have been protruding three inches off of his face. Some other memorable ones I remember are Dennis Maruk, Paul McLean, Derek Sanderson and presently, Mike Brown of your Toronto Maple Leafs.
I missed the 43rd Sportscard and Memorabilia Expo this past weekend. I've been attending off and on since the 90's both as an attendee and worked at a dealers table. Its always a good time and I'm amazed at some of the things that can be seen. Now, if I had a million dollars, if I had a million dollars, well I'd buy.........
Former Detroit Red Wing Darren McCarty has joined American Jewelry and Loan, the store featured on the TV show Hardcore Pawn. Apparently, he went in with a friend and loved the atmosphere there. I guess now he's behind the counter instead of in front, trying to pawn something (Stanley Cup ring perhaps?). Maybe he'll make people an offer they can't refuse.
Now I'm going to have to try and catch up on my ongoing blog project. For any new readers, since last March, I've been trying to show off an autographed item from my collection of a player who is celebrating their birthday on that day. I'm now 10 days behind on that also. Now I've got to pull cards, scan and do a little write up on each. Heres a list of upcoming birthday celebratory posts.
Nov 6--Darryl Edestrand
Nov 7--Ted McAneeley
Nov 8--Johnny Bower
Nov 9--Bob Neely
Nov 10--Larry Hornung
Nov 11--Brian Cullen
Nov 12--Mark Hunter
Nov 13--Mark Fitzpatrick?
Nov 14--Murray Oliver
Nov 15--No One (possible pack rip)
Nov 16--Josh Green
Nov 17--Dennis Maruk


NaBlo Wrimo Daily Count: 629 words
NaBlo Wrimo Monthly Count: 2772


No comments:

Post a Comment