Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

When one door closes, another opens

How apropos that this quote is from Alexander Graham Bell, who lived a lot of his life right here in Brantford. I was entered in Nachos Grande contest and knocked out in the first round. The elimination rounds continue and you can read about it here.
So, I wasn't really looking for anything but opportunity knocked. Since I'm working from home now, I have more time free time (not really, the three hours I don't commute is taken up with other things). I was on Twitter one morning and saw this tweet

CALLING ALL SPORTS ARTISTS! Bernie Parent wants YOU to design and paint a custom goalie mask to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Philadelphia Flyers first Stanley Cup win!

We will accept SERIOUS inquiries only by October 25th, 2013. The first 25 entries that will be accepted must send their name, address, and contact information to contest@bernieparent.net. We will be sending you a full-size, Bernie Parent replica goalie mask, with one side left blank for you to expand on your artistic ideas.

It was the last day and they were still short a couple of entrants. Quick e-mail  and voila. I am a contestant. After the problems with CSBA and customs, I got my mask today with the accompanying letter.

 
 



 
Full sized replica mask
 
 
 
I post updates on my progress. I hope you check out the site Only the Lord saves more and vote for me (starting Dec 18th) if you deem my entry worthy. The winner gets  meet and greet with Bernie plus an autographed jersey and stick.
 
 
And the good news continues. I got an e-mail from Tracy at Panini. I left a comment and won an unopened box of 2013 The Beach Boys.  I'll post my box break unless someone wants to buy this from me. Looks like I'm gonna have Fun Fun Fun since I'm feeling good vibrations.
 

Panini America 2013 The Beach Boys Teaser (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment