Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

100000 dollars

That’s the final tally raised for the Brant United Way in yesterdays Hockey Night in Brantford game. What a huge success. I’ve got lots to show here from my experience at the game.

 

hnib

Game program

 

hnib1

Team rosters (Team Henrique beat Team Dalpe 9-6 but the real winner was Brant United Way)

 

042

One of the displays was put on by RBC Royal Bank. They had a display with a target shooting game. The person who hit all nine sections in the lowest time won an autographed Steven Stamkos jersey.

 

hnib2

Unfortunately, as an employee, I was ineligible to win.

 

Going into the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre (where the game was played), there was a display from the HHOF.

 

041

Booth where you could get a photo made of yourself in hockey equipment.

 

030033

        Hart Memorial Trophy (League MVP)  Vezina Trophy (League’s top goalie)    

 

                             034       039              

Display booths

 

035

Team Canada (mens) display--(Bobby Orr game issued jersey, Doug Gilmour game worn jersey, Mike Gartner stick, Paul Henderson 1972 pants and signed Team Canada 72 hoodie, Gilbert Perrault 72 equipment bag))

036

Wayne Gretzky display—(Gretzky game worn Blues and Rangers jerseys, 2000 point puck, skates worn as a ten year old, owners award leading scorer plaque and game used stick)

037

More Team Canada (mens)—(Sidney Crosby game worn jersey, Jarome Iginla game worn gloves, and since I didn’t write anything down, I don’t recall the rest)

038

Team  Canada (womens) display—(Cherie piper game worn jersey, Hayley Wickenheiser game worn jersey, Becky Kellar gloves, Jayna Hefford stick, helmet and socks, game used goal scoring pucks)

 

hnib3

Commemorative pick given to all attendees

 

We’re getting to the end folks. Post game autograph signing. Now there was no communication on how this would happen. I stood outside the dressing room hallway hoping to get a signature from whomever emerged from the bowels of the rink. After chasing down a few players, I found out that there was a table set up for an autograph session with Adam Henrique, Zac Dalpe, Nick Spaling and Kory Nagy). Now the dilemma. Do I get in line or do I wait in the hallway. Common sense tells me get in line. Glad I did. They cut the line off after I got in. At least, this would guarantee me those player’s autographs.

Here’s my haul for the evening.

 

 

At the RBC Royal Bank booth, I also received these mini-sticks. Had two signed by former WHA and NHL player Pat Hickey. Since I already had all his cards signed Pat Hickey, this was the perfect item as he is an IA with RBC Dominion Securities.

 

With the roster known in advance, I took the opportunity to make some CIC’s.

 

hnib4

Three of Brantford and area female hockey players who have played at a higher level of competition. Obtained 2 of each.. Had a chance to talk with Emma’s grandmother and chatting with the boy friends of Sammy and Sarah.

 

hnib5

Former WHA and NHL’er Paul MacKinnon. Obtained 2 signatures.

 

After about a 1/2 hour wait, I finally reached the autograph table and warned to only get one item signed.

 

hnib7

Adam Henrique and Nick Spaling 11/12 Score cards.

 

Since I was at the end of the line, I also got these.

 

ah

kn

zd

ns

The players had these 8 x 10’s they were signing.

 

 

wg

And in Brantford, no event is complete without the Lord Mayor, Walter Gretzky. He signed my generic index card with the puck image. I carry these around in case I happen to meet a former player so I have something to get signed. And Walter had his imprinted pad of paper to sign. Since I was the last person, he kept asking me if I wanted more autographs. So i got ones for my wife and two grand daughters.

All in all, a great night was had for $10.00. Can’t wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment