Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Boyd’s Hockey Card Guide

 

Dug this out the other day from my collection of miscellaneous stuff. Back in the day, there weren’t a lot of magazines / price guides  for the hockey collector. Anything new was met with joy and happiness.

boyds

Here we have the premiere edition Vol 1 No 1 Boyd’s Hockey Card Guide. I was not familiar with the name but it was a price guide.

boyds1

Here is the introductory page letting us, the reader, know what was in store for us. It was pretty neat that they had team listings for each year and card company.

boyds2

Here is a random page under the alphabetical player listing. I remember using it mainly to confirm RC’s for players. I also used it to see which cards were available for a player that I would send TTM for autographs.

But with no content to read, it was just a rehash of prices from other publications. Sadly, or not, I never ever saw Vol1 No 2 . It appears they had price guides for other sports and collectibles. This is the only one I ever saw and kept for posterity. (or as the wife says, keeping junk)

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to take a trip down memory lane and flip through old price guides to see what was hot... and what was not. Never heard of Boyd's before. But I have a bunch of other old school price guides in my collection.

    ReplyDelete